RESIDENCY PERMITS FOR NON-EU CITIZENS
During 2014, the Spanish government implemented a law that has made it possible for property investors from outside the EU, to apply for Spanish residency permits, this law is known as the so called “Golden Visa Law”.
The Golden Visa provides you with Spanish residency and the ability to travel freely throughout the Schengen zone (26 European countries), which is a major attraction for many non-EU investors.
Sherif Property Marbella is a Real Estate Agent with in-depth knowledge of the ‘Golden Visa law’ and we work together with our strongly establishedlegal and fiscal partner, Gestoria Sherif to provide clients with quality advice and assistance.
For your knowledge, we have taken the liberty to outline the main requirements and benefits:
Requirements for application:
- Minimum investment in Spanish real estate of € 500,000.00 per person
- Must possess a private Spanish medical insurance
- Proof of ability to maintain and support family and properties in Spain
- Clean criminal record
- Possibility to reside in Spain
- Minimum required stay is ONLY 1 day per year (i.e. no obligation to reside)
- Free travel to Schengen Zone
- Possibility to convert permanent residency after 5 years (subject to certain conditions being met)
- Should the Golden Visa be granted to head of the family, family members can also obtain residency (subject to certain conditions)
- No Obligation to become a FISCAL RESIDENT in Spain
- Possibility to purchase through non-resident company (subject to certain conditions)